The merger of two established groups, Sunflower Textile (Pvt.) Limited and Mazari & Mazari Limited of Late Raja Tajammul Hussain (Ex-Secretary Finance / Ambassador of Pakistan) and Late Mr.Ashiq Mohd Khan Mazari – (Ex-Chairman PIDC / Secretary Industries-Government of Pakistan), resulted in the formation SDL in 1981. SDL Group of the Companies was formally registered and incorporated in Pakistan in the year 1981. It has since emerged as a leading international business house for representation and indenting work for Multinational’s and international trade and government corporations, who want to trade in Pakistan and this region. Mr. Babar Tajammul now heads SDL as Chairman and Managing Director with a team of several dedicated professionals and engineers.
Mr. Tajammul has over 37 years’ experience in financial administration and management of Public and Private Limited Companies. He has been on the Board of Directors of the Pakistan Shippers Council of the Federation of Pakistan Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FPCCI), where he was involved in the operational working of this high powered council and in organizing several international seminars and workshops in association with UNDP, UNESCO and other international organizations. Mr. Tajammul is currently serving FPCCI as a life member of the FPCCI. SDL is also a member of the Karachi Chamber of Commerce & Industry.
SDL has nearly four (4) decades of experience, across a wide spectrum of expertise including the supply of sophisticated defense electronic equipment to the Ministry of Defence (Army, Navy and Air Force), and to the Government of Pakistan. SDL also participates in public and private sector tenders, works with oil & gas related corporations for compression equipment, supplies equipment to television, and broadcasting corporations and has actively been involved in the supply of commodities including steel scraps, chemicals and plastic raw materials. In addition, SDL has worked closely with the Civil Aviation Authority of Pakistan, and the aviation industry with regard to aircrafts, engines and ground handling and support equipment. This includes the setting up of the training and operational maintenance programs at the prestigious Jinnah Terminal Complex (Karachi), with the assistance of experts from Changi Airport (Singapore) on a turn key basis; and the automobile industry of Pakistan. SDL is actively working with the Government of Pakistan on the supply of sophisticated seismic earthquake detection and monitoring equipment and the introduction of international automotive (vehicle) sales, marketing and assembly in Pakistan.
Furthermore, SDL has been in the indenting business for over since 1981, supplying state of the art equipment, machinery & services to the Government of Pakistan. It has secured large contracts against tenders for DAP fertilizer, and has been a supplier of various bulk items to the Pakistan Steel Mills since 1982. We have a professional team of officers dealing and specializing in this field of international tendering.
SDL deals extensively in the hospitality, food, construction, satellite TV, print media, Information Technology (IT), water, defense, automotive (vehicle), X-Ray scanners, and security related business spread over three and a half decades.
SDL is closely associated with SHYDO, Sarhad Hydro Power Dam in Khyber Pakhtunkha.
SDL has been the official agents/ representatives of several international companies for over 37 years, some of which are:
- RDS, USA
- Hollandse Signaalapparaten BV (Philips), The Netherland.
- Technology for Communication International, USA
- Interspace Communications (Pvt) Ltd., UK
- Marubeni Corporation, Japan
- PLT Engineering Co. London, K.
- Solar Force, France
- Gems International, France
- Sideco, Italy
- Lowel-Light Manufacturing Inc., USA
- SATT Societe, Anonyme De Transactions International, France
- Chimimport, Sofia, Bulgaria
- Nuovo Pignone, Italy
- Pratt & Whitney, USA
- China Xinshidai Company, China
Currently, SDL, has also been working as the representative for the following companies:
- M/s Nuctech Company Limited, China
- M/s. Hebei Qianye Metal Product Co., Ltd. , China
- M/s Guralp Systems Limited, UK
- M/s Granpect Company Limited, China
- M/s China National Machinery Industry Complete Engg. Corp., China
- M/s Beijing Sunvigour Electronics Co. Ltd, China
- M/s. Chongqing North Jianshe Imp & Exp Trade Co. Ltd., China
- M/s Surplus Communications (Pvt.) Ltd,, Hong Kong
- M/s ShenZhen Tangreat Technology Co.,Ltd., China
- M/s Shangai Rokem Int’l. Co. Ltd, China
- M/s Shinva Medical Instrument Company Ltd, China
- M/s Beijing Gangzhen Mechanical & Electronic Technology Co. Ltd. (GeoDevice), China
- M/s Beijing King’s Medical Instrument Ltd., China
- M/s Poly Technologies Inc. China
- M/s Linetronic Technologies SA, Switzerland
- M/s Milbrook Trading Limited, UK
- M/s Innovator Technologies Inc., Canada
- M/s Inset, Russia
- M/s Armastek, Russia
- M/s VA Tech Wabag GmbH, Austria
SDL is also a registered corporation as Agents with the following departments controlled by Ministries of the Government of Pakistan:
- Directorate General Defence Purchase (D.G.D.P.), Ministry of Defence, Rawalpindi (Registration No.1566/6403/regisration dated December 10, 2002.
- Heavy Industries Taxila (H.I.T.) Registration No. 1216/Solar Dynamics (Pvt) Ltd./Store-Unclass Dated 2nd May 2003 (Categories III & IV – Raw Material & Spares for Tracked/Wheeled Vehicles.
- Civil Aviation Authority of Pakistan (Registration No. 1856 dated December 13, 2013 as ‘A’ Class Suppliers)
- Strategic Planning Division (SPD) (Registration No. R-0015) ETC.
- And most other government and multinational organizations